* CAUTION: DO NOT USE FOR GAS AND/OR FUEL STORAGE *
To assure complete sanitation of your potable water system, it is recommended that the following procedures be used. This applies if it is a new system, one that has not been used for a period of time, or one that may have become contaminated.
(1) Prepare a chlorine solution using one gallon of water and 1/4 cup of Clorox or Purex household bleach (5% sodium hypochlorite solution). With tank empty, pour chlorine solution into tank. Use one gallon of solution for each 15 gallons of tank capacity.
(2) Complete filling of tank with fresh water. Open each faucet and drain cock until all air has been released and entire system is filled.
(3) Allow to stand for three hours.
(4) Drain and flush with potable water (IMPORTANT)
(5) To remove excess chlorine taste or odor which might remain, prepare a solution of one quart vinegar to five gallons water and allow this solution to agitate in tank for several days by vehicle motion.
(6) Drain tank and again flush with potable water (IMPORTANT)
The above recommendations conform to Section 10.8 in the A 119.2 code covering electrical, plumbing and heating of a recreational vehicle. the solution is approved and recommended by competent health officials.